Limited duration of MIDI recordings?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Anfasa

Post by Anfasa »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Roland FP-30X, which I connect to Synthesia via Bluetooth MIDI. It's working perfectly well, both as an input and output device. I have been using Synthesia to record my practice session by just clicking the record button in free play mode. However, I've noticed a few times that the recording automatically stops after almost exactly 25 minutes, and I need to manually start a new one.
Is this intended, and is there a way to change this setting somewhere to have longer or unlimited recording?

Synthesia v10.9.5903
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the inconvenience. The 25min max record limit was mostly just an arbitrary number I picked to prevent the "the user pressed record and then had to walk away for some reason" situation from recording a blank song, say, overnight.

Would something like 2 hours for the limit be a better compromise?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Would it be possible to reset the timer whenever there is activity? The recording would be ended after X minutes of inactivity.

Or how about pausing the recording after X minutes (seconds?) of silence and then resuming on activity?
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I was hoping to solve this by changing a single number in the source... but your ideas are better. :anxious: