metronome on free play (android)

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
revilo2

Post by revilo2 »

Hello,

I don' know why but i can't hear the metronome on the free play section
I can hear it on the other sections...

I use my piano (korg) for the sound of "my notes" and "background instruments" (i ticked "avoid local notes")
I use android sound or built-in sound for the metronome

I use android and the new version of synthesia
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

On the Music Output settings page, do you have the Percussion switch on?

In the game modes, the metronome icon lets you turn on a basic clicking metronome sound. In the Music Output settings for each device, this basic clicking metronome sound is enabled with the Metronome switch.

In the Free Play mode, the metronome icon lets you choose one of several drum patterns (but not a basic clicking metronome sound). In the Music Output settings for each device, these drum patterns are enabled with the Percussion switch.
revilo2

Post by revilo2 »

Thanks !

I didn't enable the percussion switch...

I'll try this evening.
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

Update:

When you record in the Free Play mode, Synthesia plays a basic metronome click. However it is also controlled by the Music Output "Percussion" switch (not the "Metronome" switch).

In the Free Play screen, when you click on the metronome icon, there is a volume slider. This volume slider controls both the volume of the selected drum pattern when recording is not in progress, and the volume of the metronome click when recording is in progress. So if you want a metronome click during recording, you should also check this volume slider is turned up.

_____

Ideas

I can see how it could be confusing that the sounds controlled with the Free Play metronome icon are not controlled by the Music Output settings Metronome switch. Perhaps the Free Play metronome icon should be changed to a drum icon to help emphasize it plays drum patterns and it is controlled by the Music Output settings Percussion switch?

I can see how it could be confusing that the basic metronome click during Free Play recording is not controlled by the Music Output settings Metronome switch. Perhaps the basic metronome click during Free Play recording should be changed to be controlled by the Music Output settings Metronome switch? On the other hand, if the metronome click eventually becomes an option in the drum pattern list, perhaps it makes sense for it remain controlled by the Music Output settings Percussion switch. The developer Nicholas mentions this idea in the post Re: Switch off the tick sound when recording:
Nicholas wrote: 08-30-21 1:23 pmI had already planned [...] on allowing the recording to use the current beat "style" from the drop-down (that is available when not recording) and even bake that in as a percussion track in the final song. Perhaps [also] add the simple ticking metronome to that list and then simply respect the user's preference when they hit record? You could just choose "Disabled" and leave it at that to have no sound at all.