Just saying "Hi"

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Hello,

I'm calling myself 'Smiley' until I feel comfortable on here, not knowing anyone.

I bought Synthesia to show on-screen piano notes I play whilst guiding others over the internet. And, yes it's true I didn't need to buy the programme to do that, but I also wanted to create my own arrangements and midi files for others to practice; those that don't particularly wish to read the dots. So I'm looking forward to using the programme...

I think I've read somewhere that the next version will have:
  • transparent note bars
    Synthesia_TrannyBars.png
    Synthesia_TrannyBars.png (32.98 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
    I shall look forward to that...
  • the ability to choose your own note bar colours just like you can change your UI colour scheme, which I found easy to do.
  • correctly displayed .xml sheet music I'm particularly looking forward to this...
Finally, I'm attaching a zip of a simple arrangement you can play with of Good Morning to All. It contains the midi file, the xml file, a suitable .synthesia file with fingering, a pdf and the background png file. I understand that the next version will also parse xml files too. Wonderful additions coming the user's way!
Attachments
GoodMorningAll.zip
(237.66 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The last two things you mentioned are coming, though not necessarily in the very next update.

But what I'm especially curious about is where you heard about transparent notes and where that image came from? That's the first news I've heard about it. :lol:
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Thanks Nicholas,

I assumed if you could change the note bar colours - you could choose an RGBA colour. :oops:

Whilst I've got your attention ;) ...
Fingerings.png
Fingerings.png (56.46 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
  1. Is it possible to indicate where a change of finger is needed on the same note?
  • I know you can hover over a note and press a key 6 to 0 for the right hand, but I find it confusing that the left hand isn't 5 to 1. I would prefer it that way round so I can just hover my hands over the numbers and press the right key with the finger I'm suggesting for the note (hope that makes sense? :?
    FingeringMappings.png
    FingeringMappings.png (42.56 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
The graphics are just something I quickly created on the PC for illustrative purposes only. :D
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Forget the second request for fingering keyboard shortcuts; I found what I was looking for... :roll:
FingerMappingsDONE.png
FingerMappingsDONE.png (38.25 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Smiley wrote: 04-30-21 4:33 pmIs it possible to indicate where a change of finger is needed on the same note?
Did you mean, like, vertically? So that it could be aligned with the exact time your finger needs to move? Today there isn't any way to indicate the timing of additional finger hints, sorry!
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

No, that would be difficult to follow...

Something a lot simpler like 3-5 for instance - just as it is indicated on sheet music.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You can already add multiple hints to the same note. Just mouse over the plus (+) icon between the two hands to add another number to the same falling note block.