Synthesia 11 Release Estimate

Try new versions before anyone else!
Always the latest dev version: [ win ] [ mac ] [ android: beta opt-in or apk ]
Please report comments and bugs!

Your data hasn't disappeared: development previews store their data in a different place. Details here.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 08-07-20 12:12 am

They do by default. A little logo in the bottom corner and a little bumper at the end to tell about it. Example. (Man, that old, 2000's-era cell phone ringtone DLS synth sounds terrible...)

I never like forcing that kind of stuff on people, so it's easy to disable in the UI. I'm not sure I've ever seen either of those elements in a video in the wild. So, who can say how useful it has been?

Still, after 14 years there isn't much mystery as to which app is used to create that style of video. I've seen comments in those YouTube videos along the lines of "hey, can you make a Synthesia of 'song-name-here'?" which is pretty cool as far as brand recognition is concerned, but a little eerie as far as trademark distinctiveness goes. :lol:

jimhenry

Post by jimhenry » 08-07-20 8:18 am

Nicholas wrote:
08-07-20 12:12 am
there isn't much mystery as to which app is used to create that style of video.
There isn't much mystery for a Synthesia user. But don't underestimate the mystery for viewers at large.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/

thiagolr

Post by thiagolr » 08-07-20 2:45 pm

A few years ago it took me some time to find out about Synthesia, I always watched Peter Plutax's videos and I didn't know they were made using Synthesia...

jimhenry

Post by jimhenry » 08-20-20 4:08 pm

jimhenry wrote:
08-05-20 12:10 am
I would now say what happened is that starting with Synthesia 10 you decided that numbering major releases with integers, a practice that only started with Synthesia 9, consumed numbers too quickly. I would characterize each "point one-tenth" release starting with 10.2 as a major release. And you have been releasing those annually toward the end of the year. So I am not telling you anything you aren't already doing, although maybe unconsciously. ;)
I think you do yourself a disservice every time you use the phrase "the upcoming Synthesia 11 release." It makes it sound like that is the next major milestone. I think it would be better to have the mindset that 10.7 is the upcoming release that is the next major milestone.

When you want to talk about features that will arrive with the use of MusicXML files in Synthesia 11, perhaps you should omit "upcoming" which has a whiff of sometime not too far off.
Jim Henry

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 08-22-20 3:20 am

I'd answered the follow-up email fifty times before unifying on "upcoming".

Me: "That will be in Synthesia 11."
Them: "Oh, where can I download Synthesia 11?"

The future tense "will be" never seemed to matter. Whiffs or not, "upcoming" is the technically correct expression for the sake of auto-translator software and all the language barriers the official communication has to surmount, so it makes the most sense.

jimhenry

Post by jimhenry » 08-22-20 10:32 am

Point taken.
Jim Henry