Finger hints disappeared from files!

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
badlydrawnboy

Post by badlydrawnboy »

Hi!

I have not used the program for a couple of months, and when I opened it the other day I noticed that all finger hints I've manually created myself in my files directly in Synthesia have disappeared. I have not updated or moved any midi files, or updated the program itself. Is there any way to recover the lost information? I've spent countless hours noting finger hints, so it's really disappointing and I've never experienced this before. I'm using Windows 10, and Synthesia 10.6.5425.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I am terribly sorry for the wait and for the data loss. I'm afraid there isn't a way to recover the data (unless on the off chance you'd been in the habit of backup up Synthesia's data folder).

Infrequent data corruption has been a bug in Synthesia for more than a decade and we're finally taking fairly dramatic steps to tackle the problem once and for all. Sorry for the trouble in the meantime.