How can I make it so that the song does not progress unless the correct notes are played?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Pure1108

Post by Pure1108 »

Forgive me for the basic question (considering I have used Synthesia for several years now) -

I'm interested in trying the Synthesia mode wherein you play along to a song and the song does not progress until the correct notes are played - however despite connecting my digital piano (Roland RD-2000), I can only seem to play a song in 'Watch and Listen Only' mode.

I've checked the settings and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - the piano is connected and set to 'Enabled' under the Music Input settings (however no sound is played when I press a key)..
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

On the Roland RD-2000, it looks like you need to set a zone to "external mode" to send MIDI messages, for example:

Press ZONE 1 to select zone 1.
Press SHIFT and INT/EXT 1 to change the button to green for external mode.

Here's a video showing how to set all eight zones to external and to send on MIDI channels 1 through 8 respectively. For Synthesia, you only need to use one zone and the MIDI channel isn't so important, but the video is helpful for seeing where the relevant buttons and settings are.

Roland RD-2000 - How to setup Zones/MIDI channels sequentially in a Program

Other things:
Roland RD-2000 manuals
large pictures of the top panel and back panel, to see the names and locations of buttons and ports.
Pure1108

Post by Pure1108 »

Bavi_H wrote: 12-20-21 4:01 pm On the Roland RD-2000, it looks like you need to set a zone to "external mode" to send MIDI messages, for example:
Many thanks for the reply - I have already got zone 4 set to external (and my PC is picking up MIDI messages as I can record in FL Studio and use standalone piano VSTs such as PianoTeq and Keyscape) - for some reason however Synthesia is not picking up the MIDI messages
Pure1108

Post by Pure1108 »

Apologies, I restarted my PC and it seems to be working perfectly now