How to get midi files on the iPad

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
pieah

Post by pieah »

Hi,

I am having a hard time trying to get midi files that I download into Synthesia. I am using an iPad. I read somewhere that there should be a Synthesia folder in the files section on the iPad but on my iPad it isn't there.
iPad OS is version 15.
I have the full version of Synthesia since I purchased it from the app store.
I hope anyone knows how to get the files in the iPad.

Thanks!
Pier
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I think I've seen a situation in the past where the Synthesia folder in the "On My iPad" section of Files doesn't show up until at least one file is in there. You can usually kick that off by finding a MIDI file on some website in Safari and choosing to "Open with..." Synthesia.
pieah

Post by pieah »

Thanks for the tip!
With Safari it only gives me the option to download and then it just puts it in the downloads. Same with Chrome. But with Edge for the iPad after it downloaded it asked me how to open it and I could choose Synthesia and now the folder appears!

So for anyone where it doesn't work: install the Microsoft Edge browser from the app store, navigate to a site which offers midi files for download, tap the link, download it and then select Synthasia when it asks you how to open the file. :D

That could have been made a little bit more user friendly, hope it will be fixed in the future.