Synthesia not Answering upon launch

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
jasonbreak

Post by jasonbreak »

Hello everybody!

I bought the software recently and for a while it work perfectly (I use Alesis Q49 MKII Midi Keyboard). Recently however I found Synthesia not launching properly, and when checked via Task Manager it says status as not answering, indicating an issue. When I uninstalled (including saves) and then reinstalled, the software worked for few days, until the problem reoccurred just as before.

Does anyone know what may cause this? I don't recall any changes to any other software on my PC that might have caused this. If anyone has any idead please let me know. Thank you for your time spent reading this.

Synthesia version is the latest 10.7.5567
Windows 10 Pro
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

jasonbreak wrote: 08-17-21 9:51 amvia Task Manager it says status as not answering...
When you say "not answering" do you mean "not responding"?

Does anything appear on the screen like an all-black window or an error message?

Does the problem still happen if you disconnect your Q49 before trying to start it?

Try this:
1. Hold your Shift key while launching the app. (This should open the configuration window.)
2. Click the "Open Data Folder" button at the lower-left corner.
3. Attach the "log.txt" file from that folder to an email sent to support@synthesiagame.com

Hangs during startup are very rare for Synthesia, so I'm curious what might be going wrong.