Yamaha SHS 500 - USB Host - Output no Input

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
JoJoJoJo

Post by JoJoJoJo »

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha SHS 500 plugged into a Windows 10 machine via USB to Host.
From the Settings in Synthesia, it appears as a Digital Keyboard in both input and output options.
If I test it as an output, Syntesia piano sound is output.
If I test it as an input, none of the keys register for the range selection.

In Audacity, I've set the same Digital Keyboard input as a recording source and the input is being recorded there.

Not sure why the keyboard input might not be picked up by Synthesia. Anyone any ideas, or had something similar occur?
Thanks.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

As a double-check, Audacity isn't running in the background while Synthesia is running, is it?

In Audacity, is the Preferences --> MIDI Devices --> Host option set to "MMSystem"? That's the only choice I see in my installation and that's the same Windows subsystem that Synthesia uses for MIDI devices, too. That makes the broken input even more mysterious!
JoJoJoJo

Post by JoJoJoJo »

It appears OK on the list of options. Pretty sure Audacity is closed as I downloaded just for testing.
I think it's probably some issue with the USB ports or something else plugged in at the same time.
Will try other ports and reinstalling drivers.
Attachments
yamDriver.jpg
yamDriver.jpg (27.34 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
keyb.png
keyb.png (66.56 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
JoJoJoJo

Post by JoJoJoJo »

Working now. Not sure what's changed. :D