NEED HELP - keyboard input not recognised by laptop (Mac)...

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
MatSher

Post by MatSher »

Hi Guys, very long time no see. the community has grown so big.

I have a Macbook Pro recently upgraded to 10.15.7 Catalina. And a Roland UM-2 Midi interface to my digital piano. Synthesia Mac v77.88.5369

There are no new um2 drivers from Roland - and likely never will be - however the mac sees the Roland um2 in my audio midi set up.
And the OUT test works.

Synthesia also sees the UM2 in settings and when the test button in settings is pressed, it works great. So Midis play through the piano speakers
nicely. So the piano is receiving and playing the midi data.

Also the um2's lights blink on both IN and OUT...
Blinks on OUT when I playback a midi form the Mac and blinks on IN if I press a key on the piano...

HOWEVER... No matter what I try Synthesia doesn't respond to any keystrokes from my piano. I am baffled and frustrated.
Why would everything work except the IN from the piano? Thanks Mat
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I am so sorry for the wait on this!

Were you ever able to get the input port working on your UM-2?
MatSher wrote: 11-30-20 11:50 amSynthesia Mac v77.88.5369
This is rather jarring. Those "77" and "88" numbers are part of our internal build system and should never, ever leave these computers without being changed to the real value. Do you happen to remember where you saw the number? (Title screen? Right-click, Get Info?) And do you remember where you got the download?