Move Entire Loop completely broken.

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
MulleDK19

Post by MulleDK19 »

Windows 10, Synthesia 10.6 (Same problem in 10.7 dev)

Been trying to get this working for the past hour, and no matter what, the "Move Entire Loop Forward/Backward" shortcuts don't work right.
I've tried with and without the measure lines (F4)

If no loop is enabled, pressing Move Entire Loop forward selects everything from the beginning to the first bookmark. No matter how many times I press it. If I press Move Entire Loop Backward that same section just toggles on and off.

If I define a loop at some arbitrary point and press Move Entire Loop Forward, it places the loop between the two nearest bookmarks. Subsequent presses do nothing.

If I press Move Entire Loop Backward (with a loop already defined, not spanning across multiple bookmarks), it'll set the loop between the two previous bookmarks. But if the loop aligns with two bookmarks exactly (which it'll do once it's been hit once), it jumps back two sections.

Included a small video of the problem. I've bound backward to N and forward to M.

https://youtu.be/EUpiMJcib1U
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks for the detailed description and video. I was able to reproduce this one. It'll be fixed in the next 10.7 preview. (Sorry for the wait in the meantime.)

EDIT: Weird, now I'm having trouble doing it again in the 10.7 dev preview. It still happens in 10.6, but 10.7 seems cured all of a sudden without any changes. :?
MulleDK19

Post by MulleDK19 »

Problem persists for me, in both stable and preview 10.7.5491.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I know it's seven months later and I still don't have a good answer. The official Synthesia 10.7 release went out the door since then. Is it still happening in r5567?

Have you noticed if it only happens in certain songs, maybe? I still haven't been able to make it happen again on my side. Sorry!