Connect to mobile device

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

I am trying to connect my medeli m12 keyboard to Android and iPad but both do not recognize the keyboard. Both systems meet the stated system requirements. The keyboard is connected via a USB cable only with an adapter. Anyone have ideas?
Attachments
usb-a-naar-b-verloopstekker-aansluiting-2-usb-b-male.jpg
usb-a-naar-b-verloopstekker-aansluiting-2-usb-b-male.jpg (14.42 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That kind of adapter won't work. That kind is a simple "shape change" adapter where the wires are run between the two ports exactly the same.

You need something that has "OTG" or "On-the-Go" in the product description. It's still a passive wire, but it remaps one of the lines differently between the two sides which is a signal to the Android device to switch from being in "device" (or slave) mode to "host" (or master) mode.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Thank you. I will search for that.