Novel JANKO keyboard setup

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
joh333

Post by joh333 »

Please have a look at my DIY JANKO keyboard with accordion bass MIDI setup. Details are at this address:

https://www.accordionists.info/threads/ ... 006/page-1

I noticed there are lots of young people interested in the advantages of a JANKO keyboard. - Sadly, there exists no notation for it. So I invented a WYSIWYG one for which Synthesia piano-roll notation would be ideally suited!
I only wished you could draw the notation lines so I could practice my JANKO keyboard. That would encourage many more JANKO enthusiasts and benefit Synthesia, too.
As you can see my keyboard consists of black and white key rows. The notes between the black lines are notes from white keys. This notation enables readers to visually transfer the notes from the Synthesia screen to their JANKO keyboard and nothing could be easier! :)
Please let me know whether this can be done? - Besides, it's urgent ...because I'm already getting old (80).
Thank you, Joh, from Townsville/North Australia
2 Notation.JPG
2 Notation.JPG (25.85 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

joh333 wrote: 04-27-22 3:04 amI only wished you could draw the notation lines so I could practice my JANKO keyboard. That would encourage many more JANKO enthusiasts and benefit Synthesia, too.
I'm afraid this is a bit of a chicken-and-the-egg problem. As a one-person development team (with a long task list of already-promised features), I have to very deliberately pick and choose what gets added to that list.

If there were already millions of JANKO users that were clamoring for the feature, it would be an easy decision. But like you suggested, Synthesia's lack of this feature is one of the roadblocks in the way from creating even more JANKO users.

While I sympathize with your position, it would be borderline irresponsible of me to focus development effort on something so few existing Synthesia users would get to enjoy. Sorry!