Can Synthesia output stereo sound?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
MisterMusicarta

Post by MisterMusicarta »

Would be very useful to channel LH to left channel, RH to right channel.
Can this be done?
Anonymous997

Post by Anonymous997 »

I don't think so. I think this is something more for the feature requests section.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's an interesting idea. Anonymous997 is right that Synthesia can't do it yet today.

From a technical standpoint: I'm not sure how ubiquitous the support is for the MIDI "pan" CC#10 is in the various synths, but we might be able to pull something off using that. That would work for all MIDI outputs (where it's supported, anyway). Otherwise, for the built-in synth, we've got a lot more control and could definitely do that.

From a piano pedagogy standpoint: I'd have to hear it in action to see whether this was actually helpful. It seems like it might be a hard habit to break when you switch to playing a song without Synthesia later. Like, getting used to hearing the parts in separate ears might do more harm than good. Hmm.
Anonymous997

Post by Anonymous997 »

I've seen videos of MIDIs on YouTube that have stereo/surround sound, like this one. (I know it's not related to Synthesia or anything, but it doesn't really matter)
maybe you could make a custom player (and maybe even format, because normal MIDI doesn't really have stereo compatibility) and assign certain keys to certain.. angles of the audio. Maybe Synthesia could do this in the future.
revilo2

Post by revilo2 »

Not to be a party pooper, I think a correct sheet music display an is much more urgent.... (5 or 6 years than I expect it).... :)
Anonymous997

Post by Anonymous997 »

Okay? What do you mean "fixed"? The sheet music layout is good how it is.
revilo2

Post by revilo2 »

I mean : 32nd notes, triplets, stem directions, ties, better beams, proper staff selection, and much more....

Right now, sheet music display with a medium/complex song is very difficult to read...

:D
Anonymous997

Post by Anonymous997 »

Okay, so you mean just adding those "changes" to the notes that use them? I think that would more resemble real sheet music, yeah.