Keyboard Recommendation

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
bLuNt_wAcO

Post by bLuNt_wAcO »

Hi all,
The software was recommended to me by a friend. I'm trying to get my daughter into learning the keyboard. She is spending a lot of time on the Garage Band on the iPad and I would like to transition her into the keyboard world.

Is this list up to date? Or is there something better? To be honest, I like to learn as well. So I would like to get something that we both enjoy playing.
Don't have time to do keyboard research? Here's what we recommend for Synthesia:
$220: EZ-220 Includes touch-sensitivity and lighted keys. Best choice for beginners
$250: PSR-EW300 trades lighted keys for 76 keys. You'll be able to play a wider range of songs.
$500: YPG-535 are full-size with all 88 keys. No song is too varied to play on this.
$800: DGX-660 will give you the best Synthesia experience possible, with fully-weighted keys like a real piano.
All of these can connect to Synthesia with USB. Use our guide to learn which cables you need. (We earn a commission from the above affiliate links.)
st5555

Post by st5555 »

I can only comment on the lowest priced one, the EZ-220.
As a beginner, it works very well for me. Synthesia works with it with no problem.
I enjoy the lighted keys as it helps me figure out where to put my hands.
It also sounds great, but does not have weighted keys, but has touch sensitive keys (the harder you press them the louder the sound).
This is my first and only keyboard so I have nothing to compare it to, but I really enjoy it and do not regret the purchase.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The recommendation list---and especially the rest of the tips on that page---are still up to date.

Digital piano models change very slowly. Yamaha has been selling the EZ-220 for almost 8 years now and it's still the most recent model! :)