Catalan Language Support

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Xoco

Post by Xoco »

How can I translate Synthesia from spanish to catalan language?

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_language
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Community translations have come up a few times now, so I just went ahead and added a forum sticky on the subject, here. You can follow those instructions to add languages. :D
Xoco

Post by Xoco »

Thanks for quickly reply!

But I would need the file language-es.xml. It is easier for me to translate from Spanish to Catalan than from English to Catalan.

Thanks!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Here's the Spanish translation from Synthesia 10.3.4096:

language_es.xml
Just drop that in the Synthesia data folder, choose Spanish inside the app, and then each time you make changes to the file you can just File -> Save, and then close/open Synthesia to update it with the changes.

April-2020 EDIT: Removed the out-of-date language file. See the Community Translations topic for the always-latest version.
Xoco

Post by Xoco »

Synthesia 10.3.4091

Well, before start to translate I try edit language_es.xml for to see changes in app but to me doesn't work. I try with "language_es.xml" (underscore line) and with "language-es.xml (hyphen line*) but nothing happen.

I copy language_es.xml and languages.xml to synthesia.exe folder (program files (x86)\synthesia) and copy too colors.xml and ui.xml. I try too change some values from ui.xml like font size but nothing happen in Synthesia when I close and open again.

Obviously, if I add this line:
<language version="1" suffix="ca" code="ca-ES" display="Català" />
to languages.xml and I rename (or duplicate) language_es.xml to language_ca.xml or language-ca.xml nothing happens.

I need something more for use this modding tools?

Thank you in advance.

*In this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8170 the examples are with hyphen:
Rename this file "language-[suffix].xml" using the suffix you picked above. (For French, the file should be named "language-fr.xml".)
Xoco

Post by Xoco »

Now, reading this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6474 I copy all .xml modding files to "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Synthesia" and all works fine!

But I can't see special characters, I try to change the first line from language_ca.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

to
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode"?>
but nothing, any suggest?
Xoco

Post by Xoco »

Solved the special characters problem, it was a WordPad issue saving file.

Edit .xml with Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 work perfectly.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hi, my name is Gregorio from Spain (Catalonia). Congratulations to all the team for the great work you are doing. I love your application.
I wanted to make an inquiry I have about adding the Catalan language to Synthesia. I have followed all the steps that I have seen, when opening the application I select the Catalan language and the following window appears with the following error:

Synthesia 10.6.5425 Error

Synthesia detected a problem and must close!

The 'language_ca' data file couldn't be loaded: Error parsing element atribute

If you contact support@synthesiagame.com we may be able to help.

Let's see if you can give me a little help to solve this problem. Thank you. Cheers! ;)
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

In the end I have been able to solve it, the fault is in this line, when doing the translation I eliminated the 100 without realizing it :)

<text id="recital2" v="La velocidad de la canción está establecida al 100 % y no puedes modificarla.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello!, Would it be possible to get the ID of the text labels of the program that I show in the following images? The texts that interest me are underlined in red.My intention is to translate the missing texts into Catalan. Thank you very much to all ;)
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (123.44 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (144.93 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (130.13 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (75.72 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (31.81 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (35.65 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (145.32 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (99.74 KiB) Viewed 37756 times
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

In case anyone is interested in the Catalan translation I have made, here are the attached files. To install them, just follow these steps:
1- Hold down the Shift key while starting the Synthesia application
2- Click on the Open Data Folder button
3- We copy the two attached files in the previous folder
4- Open Synthesia and change the language in the main window

Greetings to all ! ;)
Attachments
languages.xml
(952 Bytes) Downloaded 85 times
language_cat.xml
Checked with version 10.6.5425 and 10.7.5491. Updated on 19-06-2020
(42.83 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Last edited by Gregor on 06-19-20 5:45 am, edited 18 times in total.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello!, It would be possible to pass the files languages.xml and language_cat.xml to an android mobile for Synthesia to recognize. Could you tell me how it is done if possible. Thank you! ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is great work, thanks so much!
Gregor wrote: 04-26-20 5:37 am Hello!, Would it be possible to get the ID of the text labels of the program that I show in the following images?
Have you been using the language files from the Community Translations topic? Those should have the newest language strings in them. The file attached to this topic (near the top) is from 2017 so it'll be missing lines and others will have changed since then.

For things like "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" and "PianoMaestro", those actually come from the operating system and not Synthesia, so there isn't an easy way to translate them in advanced.
Gregor wrote: 04-27-20 12:08 pmWould it be possible to pass the files languages.xml and language_cat.xml to an android mobile for Synthesia to recognize?
Unfortunately, unless the device is rooted, this most-likely isn't possible. Sorry! It would be nice to add a feature in the future to allow easier debugging of the modding files on Android (and iPad).
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Thank you very much Nicholas for your great effort and dedication. Sincerely ;)
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello !
Could someone explain to me how a small application could be created to automatically send the languages.xml and language_cat files to the Synthesia installation path.

C: \ Users \ Gregor \ AppData \ Roaming \ Synthesia

Thank you! ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You could use a simple Windows batch file, like this:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
COPY languages.xml %APPDATA%\Synthesia\
COPY language_cat.xml %APPDATA%\Synthesia\
Alternatively, you could just edit the files right from that location in the first place.

Or were you hoping for a kind of deployment script that other users could use?
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Thank you very much for the reply ;)