Piano Roll MIDIs

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
m6hurricane

Post by m6hurricane »

http://www.trachtman.org/rollscans/RollListing.php
http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/archive.htm

So there are websites where piano rolls are scanned into MIDIs! The top one is significantly more friendly than the other one.

This is both good and bad: A very large number of the songs are prior to 1923, but some of the MIDIs are literally impossible for a single human to play (again, these are piano rolls). I figure I'd let yall know about it, as they are far from useless. I'm sure MIDI composers can re-write the songs to be solos, and if you don't want to wait that long you can just ignore the impossble parts ;).

As someone who is not a programmer, fairly new to forums, and completely lacking in authority, I'd like to suggest making a forum topic for requesting/rewriting Piano Roll MIDIs (assuming, of course, that there is enough interest to warrant such a topic). It probably should have a master list of songs that have already been requested that people could search through so as to avoid re-requests, perhaps something to the effect of "Artist - Title - Status." Again, I'm not an architect of the interwebs, but I just figured I'd share this idea.

Whether or not the topic flies, enjoy the MIDIs!
M6Hurricane
DC64

Post by DC64 »

How do you get the MIDI's?

I am having difficulty getting around.
"And now for something completely different."
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

On the second site you just download the zip files than unzip them. (some have zips in side the main zip file.)
m6hurricane

Post by m6hurricane »

DC64 wrote:How do you get the MIDI's?

I am having difficulty getting around.
For that first site, at the top there's a link called "Piano_roll MIDI files." Then you click on the title, and you get your midi. You can also change the sorting.
For that second site, scroll to the bottom and download the zip files. Instead of downloading individual MIDIs, you download a pack at a time.

Hope that helps
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Im suprised somebody took the time to collect those.
I am still having to look around seeing every one, there is so many.
The "catalog" helps a bunch with the zip. files.
"And now for something completely different."