10.6.5134 - Full-Screen Notation

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

Found it. Playing with it now. The sheet music is amazing, is there a way to remove the piano at the bottom of the screen so that you just have the sheet music.

Many thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yep: pause the song. That should make a little blue square pop out at the lower-right. You can drag that down all the way to hide the keyboard.

(Before 10.6 is officially released, I'll also be adding a new "Keyboard" switch along with the "Falling Notes" and "Sheet Music" options in the gear menu at the top. That will make it a single click instead of pausing/dragging/etc.)
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Also for iOS?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yes. Outside of a couple small details (like the "Hold your Shift key while launching the app" advanced configuration window that is available in the PC and Mac versions), almost everything is exactly the same across all our platforms.
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

That's awesome, many thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

I spent all afternoon using the sheet music, absolutely fabulous job. Don't know how others feel but you need a donation page on this site or a small contribution for version 11. The work you do along with the support is outstanding

If I may add a suggestion, while learning to play the piano, I'm struggling as I'm constantly looking down at my hands then when glancing back up losing track of where I am. I know you have some simple songs etc built in, could you add a learning screen so that when a note is played you hit it on your keyboard, next note and so on. Introduce sharps and flats, chords etc.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

RobertM wrote: 07-05-19 4:49 pm ..., while learning to play the piano, I'm struggling as I'm constantly looking down at my hands then when glancing back up losing track of where I am.
If I may give some suggestions, don’t do it. I’m learning too. Keep your eyes over the sheet, and use your hands and fingers to look for the right note.
Feel the keyboard with your fingers, touching the keys.
Right now you are playing easy songs, probably without chords and using one octave for hand. Keep focused on your hands and where they are...
Last edited by Magic73 on 07-06-19 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penny05

Post by Penny05 »

As I'm just learning too, I agree, learn by feel
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

iOS version is still in certification… isn't it? can't wait…. :(
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

Many thanks for the advice

You are correct, I am playing easy songs without chords, although am playing a couple of songs which have easy left hand notes.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The iOS version still has a little more work (since adding the new Metal backend to the Mac version a couple previews ago) before it'll be ready to see the light of day again. I have the first attempted beta iOS version on the list for two more previews from now.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Hi Nicholas, any eta for the iOS release?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Nicholas wrote: 07-08-19 4:00 pmI have the first attempted beta iOS version on the list for two more previews from now.
:D
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Need one more tester? ;)
If you are using test flight, my Apple ID is the same email that I used to contact you... just in case... ^_^
freakpants

Post by freakpants »

Nicholas wrote: 05-06-19 4:25 pm I haven't checked against Behind Bars, but that's generally the way I've always seen finger numbers drawn on a staff: with the right hand numbers at top and left hand numbers at below. I suspect that's the way I'll implement it.
Hey, bought Synthesia yesterday, awesome app.
Are the finger hints on the sheet music part of this update? I tested the dev release today and it did not seem to be part of it :(
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Not yet. The bulk of the sheet music improvements will be in previews closer to Synthesia 11's release.
freakpants

Post by freakpants »

Thanks for the answer :) So probably part of the MusicXML implementation then?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yep, it's on the list for the "Fully-featured MusicXML-based Notation" preview in the roadmap post.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Hi Nicholas, any news about an iOS version of the latest update ?
Isaackv

Post by Isaackv »

Hello Nicholas,

I get the following errors - see screenshot if I click on Settings or something similar.

Can you tell me what I can do about it?

Thank you and greetings, Karsten
Attachments
Fehlermeldung.JPG
Fehlermeldung.JPG (83.21 KiB) Viewed 28536 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Nicholas wrote: 07-08-19 4:00 pmI have the first attempted beta iOS version on the list for two more previews from now.
;)
Isaackv wrote: 08-09-19 1:01 pmI get the following errors - see screenshot if I click on Settings or something similar.
Have you ever done any customization/modification to the UI? (That is, do you have a "ui.xml" or "colors.xml" file in your Synthesia data folder?) Whenever you get a new dev preview, one of the extra steps for modders is to migrate your custom work into the new versions of the ui and colors files.