Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
ExiledEtude

Post by ExiledEtude »

PHIDIAS wrote:I get the following message

Code: Select all

An unhandled exception occurred. Press "Abort" to terminate the 
program,
"Retry" to exit the program normally and "Ignore" to try to continue.
I have this same problem and I also have Windows 7. I'm starting to think that the problem is because I've modded Synthesia. I'm going to try getting a fresh Synthesia and seeing how that works.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, we've seen a few crash reports come in that sound similar. The trouble is that the crash is basically on the first line, before it even reaches our code. That usually ends up being something like an incompatible environment -- some version of a DLL doesn't contain the right stuff, or something like that.

This is a long shot, but if you right-click the program and go to Properties, does enabling compatibility mode (say, back to Vista or XP) change anything? I don't have any reason to expect it would (and we do our development on Windows 8 so there is no reason it should), but in weird startup cases sometimes that helps.
Erolon

Post by Erolon »

I have this problem where the program crashes when I try to export multiple times in a row without restarting the program. There's no error message but I can try to get the crash log if needed.
PHIDIAS

Post by PHIDIAS »

Nicholas wrote:Hmm, we've seen a few crash reports come in that sound similar. The trouble is that the crash is basically on the first line, before it even reaches our code. That usually ends up being something like an incompatible environment -- some version of a DLL doesn't contain the right stuff, or something like that.

This is a long shot, but if you right-click the program and go to Properties, does enabling compatibility mode (say, back to Vista or XP) change anything? I don't have any reason to expect it would (and we do our development on Windows 8 so there is no reason it should), but in weird startup cases sometimes that helps.
I already tried to use compatibility mode...
Vista and win 7 mode still not working...
I get a new message after clicking abort two times.

Code: Select all

*** Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating