Official version available here!
This tool can create fluid, 60 FPS, HD videos of Synthesia playing songs with the UI hidden and with perfectly synchronized audio. While this utility is a little outside the mission statement of "create the best piano practice tool", it has become abundantly clear that people are going to make these types of videos regardless. So, if Synthesia is going to be on public display, we should help it look its best. (This is also the only tool we'll be releasing with official support for Black MIDI files.)
- Requires at least Windows Vista or at least Mac OS X 10.7.
- Requires a copy of Synthesia that is unlocked on the same computer.
- Can output audio-only (Raw PCM Wave or Ogg-Vorbis) effectively making it a MIDI-to-WAV converter.
- Can output video in the WebM container using the VP8 codec. (Ready for immediate upload to YouTube, etc. Or easily convert to a different format using third-party tools like HandBrake.)
- If you've never seen a .webm file before, try dragging it to your web browser! It'll happily play in a new tab all on its own. Think of it as the Internet's video format.
- Supports 720p, 1080p, 1440p, and 4k output resolution for videos.
- Supports all the standard video frame rates: 15, 24, 30, 50, 60, and each of their NTSC/PAL drop-frame equivalents.
- Supports arbitrary .DLS sound sets (including the built-in sound set on PC and Mac systems).
- Allows easily adding a background image.
Test video at 60 FPS with a background image: