Synthesia for iPad Beta 5: Nov-20

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The song library scrolls smoothly now.

Also, I dressed the library up to look how it might using the proposed new unlock model. Though you guys can still play any song to help your testing for now.

If you could, please beat on the song library as hard as you can. Lots of new tricky stuff going on behind the scenes there. I can't find any more bugs but a hundred pairs of eyes are better than one.

Thanks! (We're almost there!)
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Using loops for the first time. Dumb question, how does one clear a loop? While I'd like to know the answer, the real point I'm making is that it is not obvious to me how to clear a loop based on the current interface.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Right now tapping in the timeline (not dragging) while in loop-editing mode will reset it. That isn't intuitive at all. I will add something like a "Clear Loop" button before 8.4 goes out.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Even just saying that in the pop up for setting the loop would help if you get crunched for time before this release.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Bookkid900

Post by Bookkid900 »

The only issues that I am having is when I try and play "Circus Gallop" on the "Watch" mode at 400% play speed. If you swipe your finger along the timeline for a little bit you can see a number of graphical glitches. (Granted, it is rare that the user would actually do this, but it is something I saw.) Also, thank you for fixing the iOS6 file deletion issue I emailed you about. Other than that, this app seems ready for submission to Apple for approval onto the App Store!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Those glitches are actually a built-in protection against crashing. Because iPads aren't nearly as powerful as a full-fledged Mac or PC (for now :lol: ), I limit the amount of drawing that can take place during any given frame.

It could be done a little more gracefully than it is now -- any drawing beyond the limit is just ignored, so it looks glitchy -- but it keeps things from crashing. The "fix" in this case is to go play Circus Gallop on your desktop computer instead. :D