Sparks!

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Check it out:
(The blue notes are user-played and were hit correctly.  The green are "Played Automatically".)
(The blue notes are user-played and were hit correctly. The green are "Played Automatically".)
sparks.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 8042 times
I still have some tweaking to do on the effect, but it's pretty cool to see in motion. Try out the development version ( win / mac ) to see for yourself!

Disclaimer: the development version changes frequently and is probably full of bugs, (even more than the regular version. ;) )

Tell me what you think.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've added a few more touches. It's starting to look pretty good now.
animated_sparks.gif
animated_sparks.gif (175.94 KiB) Viewed 8117 times
The development versions have been updated. Try it out yourself.

Right now, if you're in pure-viewing mode (no "You Play" tracks), it'll use the effect on every note. As soon as you set one or more "You Play" tracks, the effect is only used for your notes.
roudy000
Synthesia Multiple Donor!

Post by roudy000 »

Nice!!!! Really neat! Love it but I hope you will put an option to put/remove it!

Thanks

Roudy
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah by 0.6.3 or so (when I get the options screen in there), you'll be able to turn the sparks (and/or the note shadows) off, to improve game performance.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

How about sparks with a base color as same as the color used to show the notes while playing it, instead of white.

It would be like "hitting the note." Get it?
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

They are already tinted a little in the color of the note, but it's subtle. Maybe I should make it more visible...
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

How about this color theme, close to a single color rainbow palette:

White - Light Base color - Base color - Darker base color - Outer edges.
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.