0.8.2 Preview r1488 - Key Bindings

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion »

Oldrich wrote:PS: It is really annoying that I have to solve such bugs instead of playing and practising the piano...
Does your piano not have an audio-out?
Oldrich

Post by Oldrich »

Typhlosion wrote:
Oldrich wrote:PS: It is really annoying that I have to solve such bugs instead of playing and practising the piano...
Does your piano not have an audio-out?
Probably it does. I do not know. What is it good for? I connect it to synthesia through an usb cable. I have found that the wrong volume was due to "again" previewing a song which modified the volume for the left hand and for the right hand. The funny part is that there was almost no way to get rid of it. I reseted both synthesia and my keyboard. I restarted the pc. None of it helped. The only thing which helped was to preview many different songs which then fixed the volume. I hope that it will be fixed in the next preview as well.

PS: What I would really like is to have an option which would prevent the synthesia / midi songs from changing the volume and voice at all. So it would be the user who would decide (on his/her keyboard) what voice and volume he/she wants and not the synthesia and midi files. Would it be possible?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Oldrich wrote:"run in a window" together with "maximized" does not work -> it runs full screen.
That is the intent. Except when you press your Windows key (or alt-tab out) it doesn't get all finicky, make your monitor go through a mode switch, or minimize the window. It's simply a borderless window, maximized that other windows are allowed to be on top of.
Oldrich wrote:when I play with "local off", the right hand is really really quiet.
With the built-in songs? Try the "Use velocity from your input instead of song's note velocity" on the options screen.
I am sorry you are having trouble. I will try to answer your questions as best I can.
Oldrich

Post by Oldrich »

Nicholas wrote:
Oldrich wrote:"run in a window" together with "maximized" does not work -> it runs full screen.
That is the intent. Except when you press your Windows key (or alt-tab out) it doesn't get all finicky, make your monitor go through a mode switch, or minimize the window. It's simply a borderless window, maximized that other windows are allowed to be on top of.
Oldrich wrote:when I play with "local off", the right hand is really really quiet.
With the built-in songs? Try the "Use velocity from your input instead of song's note velocity" on the options screen.
I am sorry you are having trouble. I will try to answer your questions as best I can.
I guess that official Yamaha songs delivered with the keyboard make the mess. But the point is that no songs should ever make such a mess. I have the "Use velocity from your input instead of song's note velocity" turned on.

PS: I have just been writing the answer to this forum while having the r1488 synthesia running. (I hit alt+tab to go from synthesia to google chrome.) Then while in the google chrome I turned off the keyboard. Immediately I saw a blue screen and the pc crashed. I do not know if it is Synthesia fault but to be sure I send you the crash info files.
Attachments
WER-54257-0.sysdata.xml
(186.92 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
102911-21871-01.dmp
(141.61 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I don't actually have a way to open those kinds of system dumps -- only the Synthesia crash reports that are written to the desktop. Though, I can report that any kind of blue screen (since the days of Windows 2000) is always a driver problem (or the hardware directly). In this case, it sounds like it was your MIDI keyboard driver. That's out of Synthesia's hands.

Otherwise, if you already have the user-volume option turned on, does the behavior change at all when you disable it?
Oldrich

Post by Oldrich »

When I disable it I still have problems with the volume of the right hand. I give up and I go back to "local on" on my piano. This is far the best solution because then Synthesia does not change anything. The only thing which I would love to see is to be able to use the simple menu (left, right, both hands choice) even for muted notes, so that I can use it together with local on.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Oldrich wrote:When I disable it I still have problems with the volume of the right hand.
The same problems? Or different problems?
Oldrich

Post by Oldrich »

Well, it does the exactly same thing for both setups. I set up local to off. When I play incorrect right hand notes, they sound loud. When I play correct right hand notes, they sound very quiet.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'll try the same solution I just added for Bank Select stuff. I'll add an advanced option you can set in the config tool to send out Volume and Expression messages after each reset to try and get things back to a sensible default. It'll most-likely be called "Midi.ResetVolume" and it will show up in the next dev update.
Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion »

Oldrich wrote:PS: I have just been writing the answer to this forum while having the r1488 synthesia running. (I hit alt+tab to go from synthesia to google chrome.) Then while in the google chrome I turned off the keyboard. Immediately I saw a blue screen and the pc crashed. I do not know if it is Synthesia fault but to be sure I send you the crash info files.
I just looked at it with BlueScreenView. It's a problem with the Yamaha midi driver. You could try to send the dmp-files to Yamaha support...