0.8.1 Preview r1220, r1223

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

DC64 wrote:What if there was also a video for the backround?
Well, if it is the video of the waves on the sea, yes, if it is a video of sailing ships, yes, if it is the video of some trees moving slightly in the wind, yes, otherwise, no. ;)
DC64

Post by DC64 »

A bonus for that (if you can figure it out)
is you turn the falling notes off then you got backround music and a nice display screen.
"And now for something completely different."
martin

Post by martin »

Thanks for your reply Nicholas!
Thats good news!
Also... It seems to me that your philosophy is to keep things simple, while still letting us choose our own customization of Synthesia. That is great way to do it, considering that different teachers have different workflows.
It allows us to be creative in the way we use Synthesia in our teaching.
Again I am thrilled with the potential of this program.
Cheers from Stockholm!
Martin
maccer

Post by maccer »

martin wrote:Cheers from Stockholm!
Välkommen till forumet! :)
Songs learned using Synthesia:
CT: Wind Scene, The Trial | FF7: Prelude | SMB: Overworld, Underwater | Tetris: Theme A | Zelda: Lost Woods | Other: Für Elise
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Here a little from my Swedish unknowledge: Fotografering förbjuden! Tack. :)
TonE in Sweden
TonE in Sweden
TonE in Sweden.jpg (716.76 KiB) Viewed 17220 times
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Where is that, near the Baltic Sea?
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

I assume most of you have discovered this means photographing forbidden. TonE obviously broke the rule. :D Here are some pictures from my stay last summer in Malmö, Sweden.

http://theodorn.blog.is/album/malmo/
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Pianotehead wrote:I assume most of you have discovered this means photographing forbidden. TonE obviously broke the rule. :D
No, I wrote this that others do not take pictures from us. :lol:
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Any news?
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The new "Gameplay.LoopMaxErrors" thing that you suggested works pretty well. ;)

But no... now that this is a real thing that I am spending all my time on, I've started treating it the right way. I just spent the last month finally catching up on the communication I needed to (and filing away the 2+ year old email that didn't make sense anymore to leave around to stress me out). That's all done now and I have been refocusing my vision of the project. The good news is, a lot of the things that feel most-important are things you guys have been telling me to do for years. So, with any luck I'll be making a lot of you happy soon.

The even better news is that everything is caught up and worked out so development (on the larger scale) is resuming like now.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Nicholas wrote:The new "Gameplay.LoopMaxErrors" thing that you suggested works pretty well. ;)
This is a very good news! :D
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

For the manual fingerings:

Why can't we combine a sort of 'fingerings-miniprogram' or 'fingerings-metadata-editor' in the Configtool?
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Like I said before several times I prefer something easy inside "Synthesia" like in my video :lol: and a file per midi for fingerings. (easy to share and edit)
A 'fingerings-miniprogram' or 'fingerings-metadata-editor' in the Configtool could be waste of time.
By the way, aria1121, Nicholas made a synthesia-metadata-editor a couple years ago and I wonder if someone ever used it. And the idea was very good, but a txt per midi for the metadata was easier and I think that many people have used this txt for the metadatas.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, in-Synthesia is the way to go for fingerings. It'd be a lot of effort to make a whole second note visualization outside in a configuration program just to let you add them there.

And yeah, that metadata GUI is still what I intend to build off from as I add new metadata features. I haven't forgotten about it. Big plans!
HellMind

Post by HellMind »

Why the tracks That I play always are with low volume?
Can I do something to set the volume of the track I playing higher?
Or maybe lowering the others? I cant barerly ear what im plaing :S
DC64

Post by DC64 »

You can't change the track volume (yet).
You might want to check out other headphones.
It is in the voting section.
HellMind

Post by HellMind »

The loop is doing something wrong,
its like adding some gap after finish a loop
DC64

Post by DC64 »

So anything else going on?

I can tell because of the manual note fingering that the update wont be for a while,
when will the update come out?
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

@ Nicholas
DC64 wrote:[...] when will the update come out?
If I may ask, :) how do you manage the fingerings (like in a file) ?