0.7.0 Preview r680-687 (Release Candidates 1, 2, and 3)

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Poor tommai... always being left out of things by vicentefer. :(

Jeez, vicentefer... ;)
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

vicentefer31 wrote:Synthesia Team:
Nicholas as Hannibal Smith
TonE as Templeton Peck
Maccer as B.A. Baracus
Vicentefer31 as Murdock
And tommai78101 as Frankie Santana who served as the team's special effects expert.
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Thanks. I, now, have made it into the team, and joined in the 500th post rank! :D

Keep up the good work, everyone.
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Intrigue! The "critical, but then not so critical because it hasn't been reported too many more times and I think I fixed it anyway" bug was just reported by a Mac user! This throws a wrench in the gears. The "fix" that I thought I had was uniquely for Windows. That means I have the wrong solution. Now it might be critical again. ;)
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Things that *intrigue* me:
1) Why Manual Note Fingerings in not in the top of the Feature Voting List?
I always thought that in a couple of days after we can voted it, it would be the first in the list.

2) When 0.7.1 is going to be ready?

Edit: I have the answer for question 2
Nicholas wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if 0.7.1 was out before the end of October.
If this is true, 0.7.1 is going to be ready before the end of.... October 2010!!!

Edit:
Well, I'm not so sure 0.7.1 is going to be out before the end of October 2010... you know ...Nicholas is not the best with the deadlines. :lol:
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

vicentefer31 wrote: Edit: I have the answer for question 2
Nicholas wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if 0.7.1 was out before the end of October.
If this is true, 0.7.1 is going to be ready before the end of.... October 2010!!!

Edit:
Well, I'm not so sure 0.7.1 is going to be out before the end of October 2010... you know ...Nicholas is not the best with the deadlines. :lol:
It's nearly mid-November...so I wouldn't be surprised to say that Synthesia 0.7.1 will be out by Christmas. It's a seasonal gift for everyone.
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

vicentefer31 wrote:Why Manual Note Fingerings in not in the top of the Feature Voting List?
That is a question for your fellow man... it's out of my hands. ;)
To be fair, that was in the context of releasing an emergency patch. For what it's worth, I (silently) released a preview on October-5 that (supposedly) fixed the "critical" bug and I've been directing those affected to it ever since. So, technically, I was ahead of schedule by more than a week. :D

I suppose I'm a lot less victorious now though, seeing that it's not actually fixed...
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

tommai78101 wrote:It's nearly mid-November...so I wouldn't be surprised to say that Synthesia 0.7.1 will be out by Christmas. It's a seasonal gift for everyone.
Oh, no... this is even worse... Do you really think we have to wait until Christmas 2010?
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

After read my last posts I wonder if I should change my nickname. What about Grouchy Smurf?
vicentefer31.png
vicentefer31.png (53.89 KiB) Viewed 17070 times
Edit:
We can do also a Smurfs'/Synthesia community?
Some examples: Nicholas can be Papa Smurf and Frost can be Brainy Smurf :lol:
You can choose your favourite Smurf here
Last edited by vicentefer31 on 11-11-09 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I think the collective, gentle antagonism you guys give me is healthy and motivating.

Grumpy nothing! :)
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

vicentefer31 wrote:We can do also a Smurfs'/Synthesia community?
Some examples: Nicholas can be Papa Smurf and Frost can be Brainy Smurf :lol:
You can choose your favourite Smurf here
See this from Wikipedia:
Papa Smurf: The main protagonist. Papa Smurf is the leader of the Smurfs, and can be easily distinguished from the other Smurfs by his red clothes and his bushy white mustache & beard. Everyone in the Smurf Village turns to Papa Smurf when things go awry. Papa Smurf is very skillful in making magical spells and potions.

Nicholas: The Synthesia creator. Papa Smurf, sorry, I wanted to say Nicholas, is the leader of the Synthesia users, and can be easily distinguished from the other users by his fashion shirts and his green name in the posts. Everyone in the Forum turns to Nicholas when things go awry (bugs, help hardware, help game,...) Nicholas is very skillful in making cool features and fixes.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm not sure Brainy Smurf was the compliment you were hoping to give Frost. Have you ever seen the cartoon? Brainy is the most irritating character on the show. :D
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Any progress yet? And btw my guess is that the secret is Manual Note Fingerings as you said before that you wanted to have it in Synthesia as soon as possible.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Nicholas wrote:I'm not sure Brainy Smurf was the compliment you were hoping to give Frost. Have you ever seen the cartoon? Brainy is the most irritating character on the show.
Ooops, How I did that? . Sorry Frost, I read brainy and I thought It was very clever. Maybe I should choose between Grouchy Smurf or Brainy Smurf for me?
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Rickeeey wrote:my guess is that the secret is Manual Note Fingerings
Like you, I really like the secret was Manual Note Fingerings but I don't think Nicholas, also known as Papa Smurf, can do this feature in just three hours.

Grouchy Smurf: I don't think Nicholas can do nothing in just three hours!!!
Brainy Smurf: I can do it!!!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

While it wouldn't be much of a secret if this topic devolved into random guesses, I can report that it's not manual note fingerings.

It's something quite different and is only sort of hinted at in one or two of the feature voting items. At the same time, it will be one of those things that lays a really strong foundation for at least one of the (proper) items.

Hopefully it's something that doesn't start to become too highly anticipated. It's a small thing, really. I was just throwing it in there as a bit of fun. By no means is it going to be *the* 0.7.1 feature.
Rickeeey wrote:Any progress yet?
Quite a bit, actually. Just nothing to show yet. Most recently, my attention has been forced back onto the startup crash that I thought I fixed but was recently reported on the Mac side too (when the "fix" was addressing something I believed to be a Windows-only problem).
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Nicholas wrote:I think the collective, gentle antagonism you guys give me is healthy and motivating.
Nicholas needs our gentle antagonism to motivate him. I'll try to do my best since now.
Rickeeey wrote:Any progress yet?
Nicholas wrote:Quite a bit, actually. Just nothing to show yet
Traduced: Nothing

I have said that "Nothing" with gentle antagonism, I hope it can be enough motivation to do "Improved Progress Bar", if you need more gentle antagonism please, say it. You know for me it's a pleasure to help you. ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sheesh, that is harsh. ;)
(There really has been a lot... and on top of that, I've cleared out another 20 or 30 emails...)

Going back to the secret... it just occurred to me that it will most-likely elicit a response much like this one:
vicentefer31 wrote:But at least we have waves in the Set Up Keyboard or a floaty-window tool-tippy thing to follow the mouse. :lol:
I'm guessing I'm just setting myself up to be heckled even more. :D
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Nicholas wrote:I've cleared out another 20 or 30 emails...
I bet you have tomorrow another 20 or 30 emails more from that emails you have sent :lol:
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Guess I should be Smurfette.